6 Things You Should Know About Magnesium Oxide NanoparticlesAugust 18, 2022
Magnesium oxide nanoparticles have many properties that make them exciting materials. They are colorless, odorless, and non-toxic compounds that can be used to treat a range of health conditions. These compounds can also be used as an antimicrobial agent in water treatment and cosmetics in the form of sunscreen and nail care products. MgO nanopowder is also used in paints and coatings as a flame retardant to reduce the fire risk or released into the soil for crop protection after incorporation into agricultural lime or manure.
The body needs a lot of magnesium. The average person requires around 400mg daily (equivalent to roughly 20 mg per kilogram of body weight). Therefore, it’s not surprising that many people take supplements to increase their intake of this essential mineral. However, many commercial magnesium supplements are a poor source of this nutrient. They generally contain one or more forms of elemental magnesium in addition to other additives and fillers. Most pure forms of magnesium aren’t stable when exposed to water and air for prolonged periods. This means that pure magnesium occurs naturally in minute quantities and is very expensive for manufacturers to process into a supplement that people can afford at affordable prices. So, rather than risking a potentially poor-quality product, you should look for an alternative form of this mineral known as Magnesium Oxide Nanopowder.
What are MgO Nanoparticles?
MgO nanoparticles are made from magnesium oxide. This magnesium compound has been used as a white pigment for centuries and remains a crucial ingredient in many foods and beverage products today. They are considered dietary supplements because they are not added to food products. Instead, they are made via a process in which it is purified and then dissolved in water. This process results in nanoparticles being considered a low-calorie, high-availability form of magnesium easily absorbed by the body. The nanoparticles are not only a good source of magnesium, but they are also very safe to consume. Unlike other magnesium supplements, nanoparticles do not contain additives or fillers. This means that you get the complete, natural magnesium profile that your body requires.
Why Are MgO Nanoparticles Important?
As mentioned above, most commercial magnesium supplements are not a good source of this nutrient. This is because they contain one or more forms of elemental magnesium in addition to other additives and fillers. Many people take these supplements in the hope that they will increase the amount of magnesium in their bodies. However, magnesium is a widespread and abundant mineral. Therefore, there’s typically little room for it to increase in the first place. We can’t control how much magnesium our bodies contain. However, MgO nanopowder can raise magnesium levels in your body by 1-2%.
Types MgO Nanoparticles
• MgO nanopowder: They are made from magnesium oxide, a white, odorless mineral that has been used as a food additive for thousands of years.
• Magnesium chloride nanoparticles: These are much more expensive than MgO nanopowder and often have a grey or yellow color. They are made from magnesium chloride, a fine white powder.
How does the MgO Nanoparticles process work?
Now that you know more about these nanoparticles, you might wonder how they are manufactured. Let’s take a closer look at how this process works. It all starts with raw magnesium oxide powder. This is then combined with water to create magnesium hydroxide (also known as “milk of magnesia”). This is then separated from the magnesium oxide and mixed with phosphoric acid to form magnesium phosphate. The magnesium phosphate is mixed with hydrogen gas and heated to around 1000°C to create MgO nanopowder.
Benefits of consuming Magnesium Oxide Nanopowder
• Increased magnesium absorption: The main benefit of consuming MgO nanopowder is that the body more readily absorbs them.
• Relieve PMS – Another potential benefit of MgO nanopowder is that it helps ease the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). This is because magnesium oxide is a helpful treatment for PMS.
• Help lower blood pressure – Another potential benefit of MgO nanopowder is that it can help reduce blood pressure in people with this condition.
• Help regulate blood sugar – Another potential benefit of MgO nanopowder is that it can help regulate blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
Key questions answered about Magnesium Oxide Nanoparticles
• What is the recommended daily intake of magnesium?
• What are the main benefits of consuming MgO?
• What are the possible side effects of magnesium oxide nanoparticles?
• Is magnesium oxide nanoparticles the best form of magnesium for the human body?
• Is magnesium oxide nanoparticles worth consuming?